The above charts show how many tasks we have delivered in the first 6 months of opening.
– Covid-19 Restrictions were implemented in mid-March preventing face to face Befriending visits and Transport tasks to be undertaken after 13th March.
– A Telephone Befriending service was introduced to enable volunteers and members to keep in touch as lockdown guidelines were followed. Members were matched with volunteers that they already knew. On average each member has been contacted by two different volunteers weekly to check on their wellbeing and health.
– A service to collect/deliver shopping and prescriptions was also introduced to help members that are self-isolating.
– We now have 23 Volunteers that have completed the DBS checks and 18 Members registered.
Plans to increase both volunteer and member numbers have been temporarily postponed during lockdown.
– Plans to have a variety of days out to local attractions for members, supported by volunteers, have also been postponed due to social distancing restrictions and a lack of open venues with toilets and café facilities.